Volunteer Opportunities At The Center
Get Involved: Volunteer in or out of the center
Generally 4 hours per week is a common volunteer opportunity (we provide all the training needed for client contact tasks inside the center):
Specific Opportunities within our center:
-Receptionist: This is our biggest current need at all four centers, we will train you. Receptionists answer phones, input client information along with various tasks and the part is greeting and connecting with the women who come through the PRC doors
-Nurses to assist clients and staff: We need you in all four centers assisting with pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
-Client Advocate: Work with clients – pregnancy tests, consulting, education. If you have a desire to connect deeply with the women and have a heart to speak truth in love then you will LOVE being a client advocate. Advocates meet with women “right where they are”.
-Parenting Programs: Assist clients with our Learn2Earn Program (Education, mentor, revise homework, teach a specific class relating to childcare, motherhood, nutrition, breastfeeding, relationships, marriage & communication, etc.)
-Misc Tasks: Fold clothing & keep center clean and organized, assist staff, computer input, call donors, etc. We are always looking for creative ways you can help, so please stop by your center, meet the staff and find out where you might be able to use your gifts and talents
Outside the center:
1) Carpenter/Handyman: Use your skills to enhance the functions and professional appearance of the centers. Make simple repairs. Work as you are available and needed.
2) Mailing Team: Join the mailing team to sort, label, and insert letters for special mailings. This position requires a two or three hour commitment several times a year. We are only looking for a minimum, occasional commitment.
3) Prayer Team
– We believe in prayer and are seeing the hand of God move in miraculous ways as people continue to pray. We have developed a prayer wall, “one brick (prayer) at time”. Our goal is to have 100 members over each one of our four centers. We strongly encourage anyone with a heart for this ministry to join us! We send out emails with requests 1-2 month. To join email us and include your town.
– We would also like to start a weekly or monthly prayer meeting at each center, let us know if you are interested in joining us!
4) Ambassadors for Life
– We are looking for friends who would be willing to commit a few hours a year to simply help others in their own circles of influence (i.e. church, family, and friends) become aware of PRCCO, its needs, and its services. This can also include placing brochures and keeping them filled in doctor’s offices, businesses and other organizations throughout our community.
5) Baby Bottle Campaign
– Liaisons to help assist us with our Baby Bottle Campaign, at your fellowship.
Bottles are handed out to the congregation, and returned two to three weeks later. The coins, cash, and checks, which are placed inside the bottles, financially support our mission. This campaign runs throughout the year and can coincide with Sanctity of Human Life Sunday January 22, 2012 or holidays. (Mother’s/Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
– Friends are needed to purchase and bring in supplies to their local center. This may include purchasing them or finding other donors to contribute supplies. Copy paper, office supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, etc. are all needed supplies for our clients, which generally take hundreds of dollars from our budget each year.
– Hearts of Hope Abortion recovery group, 8 week class. We like to pair post-abortive women who have gone through the program with other trained women to teach. We supply materials.
– Abstinence program. We need instructors; this is a very important part of ministry. When we can reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies, then we can reduce the number of abortions. We supply materials.
8) Creative Ideas
– We are always looking for creative ideas to network with people, organizations, churches and the community in general. Maybe you have idea?
Your donation helps us continue serving the precious women and men of Central Oregon in our four centers. Donate now with a credit card or by check, mail to: 369 NE Revere Ave #103, Bend OR 97701.
Please send all correspondence to:
Pregnancy Resource Centers of Central Oregon
369 NE Revere Avenue #103
Bend, OR 97701
Thank you for your support!
We do not encourage or refer for abortions.